Μ. D. Chrysomallis, Professor (Dr)
JEAN MONNET CHAIR in the DEPARTMENT OF LAW, DUTH
The European Commission has awarded (Decision No. 2016 – 2402 / 001-001 EACEA) the Jean Monnet Chair to the Department of Law of Democritus University of Thrace, following a competitive procedure in which 737 applications from Universities from all over the world were evaluated. This honorary decision, which brought the Department of Law among 147 selected Institutions, was based, according to independent evaluators’ judgment, on the tradition and quality of the European studies of the Department of Law, the completeness of the submitted proposal and on capacity of the team charged with the implementation of the project.
In the above context and with the European Commission funding during the three-year program (2016 – 2019) the Jean Monnet Chair of the Department of Law was invited to implement the Program under the title: Rule of Law in the European Union: Acquis or in quest thereof?
The implementation of the program includes:
- The maintaining, strengthening and deepening the issues related to the rule of law and other values of the European Union of undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the curriculum.
- The organization of seminars for students from other DUTH Departments, New Lawyers, Judges, Instructors of other educational levels and policy makers.
- The organization of a Conference, a Roundtable, Informational Meetings.
- The elaboration of project related programs and research programs.
- The publication of educational tools, studies and conference proceedings.